Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog entry#1: Art Imitating Media Imitating Life

Privacy on Social Networking Sites




I use a couple of social networking sites such as formspring, facebook, and youtube.  I understand that there are some content which when exposing can negatively scar my life in the future but there are some content that are appropriate for publishing on a social networking site. Remembering that the content I post on these kinds of sites is public (which means anyone can view them) therefore I post things that do not embarrass or hurt anyone or myself.

I control what content people see about me, especially on facebook, I restrict access from certain people or everyone so that the content uploaded may remain private and under my control.

I sometimes enable the option ‘unlisted’ on youtube so that only the people who I give the specific unique link to, can view it. If you do not have the link, you cannot find it through a search engine.

If I do not like the attitude or ideas of a question on formspring, I can block that user form commenting on my profile and delete the question wither or not the user is anonymous.
            I also have the option to erase my profile from social networking sites to prevent people from contacting me or reading/exposing any unblocked personal information.
All in all, you must know how to control your personal information if you do not want your personal information to end up into abusive hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages